We provide job search and recruiting resources to job seekers and employers. In doing this we are helping to build a strong and growing workforce for the community and Oakland County.
What some of our customers are saying about us after visiting our Ferndale Michigan Works! office:
G.J. of Madison Heights writes: “Staff was very helpful and caring”
A.J.H. of Detroit writes: “I absolutely love Ferndale Michigan Works!… they are always able, willing to assist in my needs. The programs are very very helpful for job searching… prep… Thank you!”
S.K. of Warren writes: “All the staff at Ferndale Michigan Works is very friendly and helpful. Also very patient.”
Weekdays Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (Except Holidays).
The Second Wednesday of the month, Ferndale Michigan Works! opens at 9:00 a.m.
To ensure same-day service for Unemployment Insurance Claims, customers should arrive no later than 3:30 pm to input their UIA Claim and resume data.
The Resource Room fax closes at 4:00 p.m.
Stop in or give us a call: 248.545.0222
- File for unemployment, resume development, job search and career resources.
- Computer and internet access.
- Fax & copy machines free of charge.
- Resource books on job search strategies, resume writing, interviewing, videos, pamphlets, resource material on community and government programs and G.E.D. information.
- MS Office suite and tutorials.
- E.E.O. Employer/Program Auxiliary aids and services are available on request to individuals with disabilities.
- Job boards with active job postings.
- Newspapers and business elated publications.
- Individual career counseling and career planning.
- General assistance from some of the most knowledgeable, helpful and kindest staff you will ever meet.
FERNDALE MICHIGAN WORKS! USER GUIDELINES
Please sign in at front desk each day you visit the center – ID will be required – drivers license, student ID or State ID. Food, drink and cell phone usage are not permitted. When using the computers the downloading and viewing of inappropriate material, personal photos and non-job related material is not permitted.
Remember a positive and successful job search begins with professional behavior and dress. No admittance to children under the age of 14 years of age in the resource room. Your cooperation and courtesy in sharing the use of office equipment and resources is greatly appreciated.
To file your UIA claim online using Michigan WEB Account Manager (MiWAM) at www.michigan.gov/uia or file by phone at UIA Enquiries at: 1.866.500.1107.