Ferndale Small Business Collaborative
What is the FSBC?
The FSBC is a strengthened partnership and collaborative effort between the City of Ferndale , Ferndale DDA , Ferndale Area District Library , Ferndale Area Chamber of Commerce , Ferndale Schools , Oakland County Michigan Works! - Ferndale , and Ferndale small business owners.
Dream followers. Risk takers. Passion makers.
Small business owners typically put their entire life saving on the line in order to start their business, to take risks, allowing them to follow their personal passions. Business owners choose to launch their new idea in Ferndale, the community where the entrepreneurial spirit is welcomed and nurtured.
The FSBC supports all dream followers, risk takers, and passion makers with small business startup, growth and expansion support.
What We Do
The City of Ferndale has a goal to be a welcoming place to start and operate a business. The partnership efforts of the FSBC seeks to strengthen its palette of services to:
- Develop one shared resource among FSBC members to better coordinate services
- Uncover new networks and networking opportunities
- Connect and leverage small businesses to existing and emerging business programs
- Connect to new regional, state and federal partners
- Connect Ferndale Schools students to small business owners through mentorship, internships, job placement, and cross-promoting small business education for our talented student population
Each FSBC member organization offers a combination of and at varying levels of support services including retention, attraction, growth, and expansion services through technical assistance, consultations, training or connections. The FSBC coordinates and cross-supports initiatives to better respond to local small business owner needs and wants.
The FSBC defines small businesses as:
- Single business owner (Etsy or consultant services)
- Sidewalk level businesses (Downtown and along major corridors)
- Start up businesses
- FSBC Founder
The FSBC was initiated and convened by Councilwoman Melanie Piana. She saw a need to strengthen and connect local business owners through each stage of business growth (idea, start up, existing and growing) among the organizations in Ferndale dedicated to serving small businesses.