For evaluations concerning your infant or toddler (ages 0-3), please call Early On Oakland at
Concerned about your 3-5 year old child's development? Is your 3-5 year old child presenting developmental problems, such as speech, motor skills, social skills & learning? Programs are available to assist you and your child. Give the Special Education Office a call: (248)586-8693.
- Special Education Oveview: Presented February 2013
- School District's Process for Determining a Specific Learning Disability
- Click here for the Ferndale Schools Special Education Parent Guide
Resources & Events
- Ferndale Friends of Different Learners 2013-2014 Membership Form
- Ferndale Friends of Different Learners: Introducing an organization for parents, caregivers, teachers, and friends of all different learners
- The Oakland Schools Department of Special Education| Frequently Asked Questions About Special Education, by Oakland Schools
- Special Education Informal Dispute Resolution Processes Brochure
Sarah Struzik is the Director of Special Education. Mrs. Struzik oversees department budget and staffing, referrals and placements for students, as well as special education assessment and all Special Education records. She also oversees Early Intervention and Child Find, State/Federal reports and Individual Education Plans (IEP) for all of our students.
Contact Sarah Struzik at Sarah.Struzik@ferndaleschools.org or call
Mrs. Struzik at (248) 586-8614