CORRECTION: Kindergarten JumpStart is
- Tuesday, August 22nd - Thursday, August 25
- 8:00am - noon
On May 22nd, 2017, the Ferndale Schools Board of Education unanimously voted to approve the selection of five candidates to interview to become our next Superintendent.
- Dania Bazzi, Superintendent, Galesburg-Augusta Community Schools
- Kay Elaster, Assistant Superintendent for Teaching & Learning, Plymouth-Canton Community Schools
- Phillip Pittman, Director of Curriculum, Allen Park Public Schools
- Yvonne Stokes, Academic Improvement Officer, Indianapolis Public Schools
- Robyne Thompson, Superintendent, East Lansing Public Schools
The Board of Education narrowed the list to the five candidates after thoroughly reviewing all 49 applicants.
“I am thrilled with the expertise, wealth of knowledge and breadth of experience this list of candidates brings to our search for the next Superintendent of Ferndale Public Schools. As we look for the next leader of our district, I am confident that we will find in this pool an accomplished, talented and passionate individual that will be dedicated to our students, schools and community. We look forward to speaking with these candidates during the first round of interviews. I want to encourage everyone invested in our schools to join us during the interview process and provide the Board with their feedback and thoughts,” said Jennifer LaTosch, President, Ferndale Schools Board of Education.
The six candidates will participate in first round interviews next week on Tuesday, May 30th and Wednesday, May 31st. Each evening the Board will interview three candidates. Both meetings will be open to the public and begin at 6pm, in the Ferndale High School Media Center.
The Board of Education will select the final two candidates at the conclusion of the first round interviews on Wednesday night. The finalists will each spend half of the day visiting Ferndale Schools on Thursday, June 1st. The final interviews will then take place on Saturday, June 3rd.