Frequently Asked Questions:
- Will I know my child's class assignment when I enroll?
- A. If you enroll prior to the school year starting, class assignments will not be available in the enrollment office. Each school creates its class assignments in August, and will mail a letter home or post the class lists at school prior to the school year beginning. If you enroll during the school year, the class assignment will be made by the school office, based on class size and availability. Middle School and High School students will receive a class schedule after making an appointment with a counselor within a week of enrolling, provided the counselor has the student's complete transcript/report card.
- I live with a friend/relative, what do I bring to prove residency?
- A. Your friend/relative needs to prove residency by providing a Mortgage/Lease statement, two current, postmarked bills in the last 30 days, and a driver's license with the address same as the in-district residence. The parent/guardian also needs to provide two pieces of postmarked mail in their name at the in-district residence in the last 30 days. Both parties must sign a notarized residency affidavit.
- I want my child to attend the school in my neighborhood. Is this possible?
- A. Our schools are organized by grade level: Ferndale Lower Elementary (K-2); Ferndale Upper Elementary (3-5); Ferndale Middle School (6-8), and Ferndale High School (9-12). Your child will attend each of these schools according to his or her age.
- How will I find out my child's bus stop and time?
- A. The Transportation Department will send you a letter with your child's bus information in late August. Students in grades 9-12 do not receive transportation services.
- How do I update my address?
- A. Click here to download the Change of Address form. The form indicates the items required to update your address. Please return this form and residency proofs in person to:
Ferndale Enrollment Office
2920 Burdette, Ferndale, MI 48220
Call the Enrollment Office at 248/586-8686 with any questions.
- How do I get access to my student's grades, schedule and lunch info?
- A. The district's student information system, MIStar (formerly Zangle), has a feature which allows parents/guardians (and students) to view your student's information through the internet. You can view grades, attendance, cafeteria use, biographical and contact information. At the beginning of each school year, passwords and pins will be sent home to all district families. After that time, you may request a password, and/or get help with any issues you may be having with MIStar, by sending an email to: email@example.com. Click here for the MIStar page.