Visit Our Office
Central Enrollment Office
871 Pinecrest Dr.
Ferndale, MI 48220
Phone: (248) 586-8686
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
HAVE YOU MOVED?
Complete the Change of Address form. Return it, along with two (2) current proofs of residency and a copy of your driver's license, to the Central Enrollment Office. Acceptable proofs of residency are:
Verified Lease agreement (including landlord and tenant signatures)
Property tax statement from the City
Joining the Ferndale Schools Family
THERE ARE SEVERAL WAYS TO JOIN THE FERNDALE SCHOOLS FAMILY
- District Residency
- Schools of Choice
- Children of Full-time Royal Oak School District Employees
- Superintendent's Waiver
Non-residents should contact, Bill Good - Director of Enrollment, to see if they are eligible to enroll in Ferndale Schools.
How to Enroll
FERNDALE SCHOOLS RESIDENCY
Enrollment in Ferndale Schools is based on residency, which is where a parent/legal guardian owns/rents and physically resides. District maps and Attendance Areas.
PRE-K - 12 ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS/PROCEDURES
Ferndale Schools processes new student enrollments online using the XXMIStar Access system. Click on the online, pre-enrollment link below (tree logo) to begin this process. The Central Enrollment Office is located at the Ferndale High School, 881 Pinecrest Dr, Ferndale, MI 48220. A computer is available on-site for use if a family does not have access to one.
Once you have completed the online enrollment portion, you will need to bring all required documentation to the Central Enrollment Office to complete the process. Documents include: proof of residency (see below), along with other required documentation and forms. The forms can be found under the forms tab or by clicking on the following, XXResident Affidavit, Concussion Awareness and the Technology Use Agreement.
- Original Birth Certificate with Seal (demonstrating parentage of custodial parent)
- Driver’s License (or State ID showing photo identification of parent/guardian name and current address)
- Immunization Records (up to date) – For more information on XXImmunization Requirements
- Vision Screening (Kindergarten ONLY) - For information on XXVision Screening Requirements
- Transcript of final grades (students in grades 9-12)
- Special Education Documents – Current IEP (for students receiving special education services)
- Residency Documentation and Verification – Two of any of the documents described below must be provided. If you move to another address, it is your responsibility to notify the Central Enrollment Office of your new address.
A Qualifying Residence: Is defined as a residential dwelling that is either a single family principle residence as recorded with the Michigan Treasury or a legal single family rental unit that meets the Michigan Treasury and local community requirements for a rental.
To Establish A Qualifying Residence The District Requires:
Homeowner (provide two proofs):
- The deed to the property or current mortgage statement in the name of the person seeking to enroll the student(s) must be provided.
- A current property tax statement in the name of the person seeking to enroll the student(s). To qualify as a homeowner, the property must be declared as a principal residence in accordance with state law and guidelines.
- Current utility bills within the last 30 days addressed to the person enrolling the student.
Renter (provide two proofs):
- An original, signed complete lease in the name of the person seeking to enroll the student(s).
Current utility bills within the last 30 days addressed to the person enrolling the student.
Shared Housing (provide two proofs):
If living in someone elses home/apartment a Notarized XXShared Housing Form is required. It must be signed by the Homeowner/Lease Holder and Applicant in the presence of a Notary Public. This document must be accompanied by:
- Proof of residency, see above requirements.
- A copy of both parties driver's licenses.
State And Federal Requirements:
When enrolling a student in any Michigan school district, the State School Aid Act, related Michigan Compiled Laws and other federal and state requirements apply. Each district is responsible for verifying three things: parentage, a qualifying residence and residency in the qualifying residence.
Forms & Resources
(Please Note: If you are unable to print any of these forms they will be available at time of enrollment.)
- Affirmation of Prior Discipline Form
- Change of Address Form (needs to be brought into Enrollment to be processed)
- Concussion Awareness Form
- Free and Reduced Lunch Application and Food Services Information
- Request for Educational Records Form
- Resident Affidavit Form
- Shared Housing Form
- Media Waiver & Technology Acceptable Use Form
ANNUAL REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS (REQUIRED FOR ALL STUDENTS)
School of Choice - Oakland County WORKING
Ferndale Schools also participates in the Schools of Choice Program. This program allows students who reside outside of the district to be able to enroll within Ferndale Schools. Below are the Schools of Choice options for the 1st Semester of the 2018 - 2019 school year. 1st Semester enrollment closes
January 16th, 2018.
Schools of Choice - Section 105 (Oakland County Residents Only)
LOWER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
K – 14 students 1st – 14 students 2nd – 10 students
UPPER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
3rd – 12 students 4th – 12 students
FERNDALE MIDDLE SCHOOL
7th – 12 students
FERNDALE HIGH SCHOOL
9th – 14 students 10th – 11 students
School of Choice - Non-Oakland County - 9-12 Only
Ferndale Schools has limited options for the Schools of Choice Program outside of Oakland County. This program allows students who reside outside of the district to be able to enroll within Ferndale Schools. Below are the Schools of Choice options for the 1st Semester of the 2018 - 2019 school year. 1st Semester enrollment closes
January 16th, 2018.
Schools of Choice - 105c (Oakland, Wayne, and Macomb County)
UNIVERSITY HIGH SCHOOL
- 9th – 5 students
- 10th – 5 students
- 11th – 10 students
TRI-COUNTY EDUCATION CENTER (9TH - 12TH)
Other District Educational Programs
We offer a variety of Preschool Programs at the Ferndale Early Education Center which are designed to support the success of each student and prepare them for Kindergarten and beyond. Click here for more information on our preschool offerings.
Continuing Education Programs
The Tri-County Educational Center operates programs for both Adult and Alternative Education, as well as ESL services. For more information on our Continuing Education Programs, click here.
Special Education Programs
A broad range of Special Education programs and services are available for eligible Ferndale Schools students, from age 0 through 26, through our Special Education Department. Please click here for more information.
We are excited to have your family join our educational community. If you need further assistance or have additional questions on how to enroll, please contact our Central Enrollment Department.
Enrollment Requirements (WORKING)
The following documents are required for enrollment in Ferndale Schools.
Mortgage Statement -or- Property Tax Statement AND 2 Current Utility Bills
Lease Agreement AND 2 Current Utility Bills AND Consent Leasing Form
Living with Resident Who Owns Their Own Home
Notarized Residential Affidavit with both Parent/Guardian and Resident Signatures