New Student Enrollment

The Enrollment Office for grades PreK-12 is located here:
Harding Administration Building
Room 14
2920 Burdette, Ferndale MI 48220
Registration Hours: M–F, 8am–4:30pm
Contact Us: phone 248/586-8686, fax 248/586-8698


Enroll at
PreK - Grade 12 Schools

Use these forms (PDF files)

Enroll at
University High School
Applications for Grades 9-10 only.

Digital Learning Center is currently pre-enrolling students now!
(click for DLC-only pre-enrollment form)

Enrollment begins August 11 – October 1
Students ages 14-15 can enroll
August 11 – September 5

Enrollment Packet Applicaton Packet (PDF) Start Enrolling!
Preschool Application Packet UHS Website Enrollment Forms & What to Bring
Change of Address UHS Brochure (PDF file) Alternative Education/DLC Website
Medication Release   DLC Flyer (PDF)
Health Appraisal Form

DLC Application Packet

We are accepting applications for K-9 limited Oakland County Schools of Choice from
July 15–August 13. Please click here for the application. It can be turned in M-F from 8am-4pm at Harding Administration Center. Your application is not complete until all items are received. Please call 248-586-8686 with any enrollment questions. Thank you!

Enrollment Information for First Fives

Call today about our First Fives Option for children who need a little more time before starting kindergarten:
Does your child’s birthday fall between Sept. 1-Nov. 1?
Consider First Fives

Enroll in Adult Education
Jefferson Education Center
22001 Republic, Oak Park
8:30-4:30 M-Th, 8:30-3:30 F

Adult Education Brochure

Adult Education Website

Adult Education Application Packet

School Brochures
Grant Early Childhood Center - Preschool
Little Eagles Preschool - Preschool
Roosevelt Primary School - Grades K-3
John F. Kennedy School - Grades K-6
Coolidge Intermediate School - Grades 4-6
Ferndale Middle School Brochure - Grades 7-8
Ferndale High School Brochure - Grades 9-12
University High School Brochure - Grades 9-12
Adult Education & High School Completion
ESL English as a Second Language
Digital Learning Center - Alternative High School

You can become a member of the Ferndale Schools Family in several ways:

  • District Resident: In order to enroll in the Ferndale Schools (not including UHS or Digital Learning Center) you must be a district resident, which includes parts of Ferndale, Oak Park, The Charter Township of Royal Oak and all of Pleasant Ridge. Verify that you live in the district by viewing our district map or by calling the enrollment office, 248/586-8686.
  • Preschool programs offer many choices for parents in our district and Oakland County. We offer a Little Eagle Preschool tuition-based program for 3 and 4 year-olds, and many federal and state funded programs which you may qualify for. Fill out the preschool application packet, and visit the Enrollment Office. There you will learn which program works best for your family.
  • University High School: Enroll your 9th or 10th grader at UHS. This college-prep high school, in partnership with Wayne State University, is open to all students from the Ferndale Schools, plus anywhere in the Metro Detroit area, entering 9th and 10th grades. Applications are accepted from March-August. Fill out the application and bring it in to the Enrollment Office. Call 248/586-8846 for more information, to schedule a tour or to come to an information session.

What to Bring When You Enroll:

  • Three Proofs of Residency: A current Lease (or landlord statement with contact information, landlord will be contacted) or Mortgage AND 2 current, postmarked bills in the parent/guardian's name for the residence, covering a service period ending within 30 days of the enrollment date. See enrollment packet linked above for more details.
  • Residency Affidavit: If you are living with someone and do not own/rent your own home, the person you live with is required to prove their residency in the Ferndale Schools, and sign a notorized affidavit verifying you live with them.
  • Original Birth Certificate for Student or Valid Passport.
  • Driver's License of parent/guardian listed on birth certificate, with address up-to-date and matching residency documents.
  • Guardianship Papers, if applicable.
  • Special Education Documents (Current IEP/MET) for students receiving Special Education Services.
  • Transcript: Transcript and drop-slip needed for grades 10-12.
  • Report Card needed for grades 1-9.
  • Vision Screening: Kindergarten only.
  • Immunization Records (Up-to-date)
  • Completed Enrollment Packet (linked above) or fill out in the Enrollment Office.

Frequently Asked Questions:

  1. Will I know my child's class assignment when I enroll?
    If you enroll prior to the school year starting, class assignments will not be available in the enrollment office. This applies for students who participate in the lottery as well. Each school creates its class assignments in August, and will mail a letter home or post the class lists at school prior to the school year beginning. If you enroll during the school year, the class assignment will be made by the school office, based on class size and availability. Middle School and High School students will receive a class schedule after making an appointment with a counselor within a week of enrolling, provided the counselor has the student's complete transcript/report card.

  2. I live with a friend/relative, what do I bring to prove residency?
    Your friend/relative needs to prove residency by providing a Mortgage/Lease statement, two current, postmarked bills in the last 30 days, and a driver's license with the address same as the in-district residence. The parent/guardian also needs to provide two pieces of postmarked mail in their name at the in-district residence in the last 30 days. Both parties must sign a notarized residency affidavit.

  3. I want my child to attend the school in my neighborhood—is this possible?
    Our schools are organized by grade level: K-3 Roosevelt Primary School, 4-6 Coolidge Intermediate School, 7-8 Ferndale Middle School, 9-12 Ferndale High School. John F. Kennedy School is a K-6 magnet program building with an annual lottery in the spring. Lottery information will be posted in late October for the next school year. The district is 4-square miles, and even if your child attends school in another neighborhood, bus rides are short!

  4. How will I find out my child's bus stop and time?
    The Transportation Department will send you a letter with your child's Bus information in late August. Students in grades 9-12 do not receive transportation services.

  5. How do I update my address?
    Download the Change of Address form. The form indicates the items required to update your address. Please return this form and residency proofs in person to Harding Administration Center, Enrollment Office in Room 14, 2920 Burdette, Ferndale, MI 48220. Call us at 248/586-8686 with any questions.

  6. How do I get access to my student's grades, schedule and lunch info? (MISTAR)
    The district's student information system, MISTAR, has a feature which allows parents/guardians (and students) to view your student's information through the internet. You can view grades, attendance, cafeteria use, biographical and contact information. At the beginning of each school year, passwords and pins will be sent home to all district families. After that time, you may request a password, and/or get help with any issues you may be having with MISTAR, by sending an email to:

Top of the Page