District Awards & Recognition
Early Childhood Center
- Michigan Educational Excellence Winner, 2007
- National Promising Practice Award Winner, 2007-08 and 2008-09
- Michigan School of Character, 2011
- National School of Character, 2011
- Michigan Reward School, 2013
- Fuel Up to Play 60 Grant Award, 2015-16
- Building Healthy Communities Grant 2015-2016
- Campbell's Healthy Community 2016
Points of Pride
- 100% of teachers with a daily focus on the “Whole Child” and knowing that it starts with the heart.
- Over 100 students attended our “JumpStart” Kindergarten camp before school started.
- Many teachers have received Classroom Supply grants from MEEMIC, Donor’s Choose and funds from outside organizations in order to add materials and create additional experiences for our students. Over $6,000. In the first semester.
- Buddy Classrooms - Participate in “Buddy Classrooms” across Lower and Upper Elementary.
- Hour of Code - All students participated during their Media Center time with “Hour of Code”.
- Field Trips - Hands on experiences for our students through field trips: Greenfield Village, Ann Arbor Hands on Museum , local community helpers, DNR Outdoor Adventure site, apple orchards, pumpkin patches and others.
- Food Drive - Students are learning about giving back with our Annual Gleaners Canned Food Drive
- Playworks Partner - Our Playworks coach engages our students with healthy play everyday during recess!
- Peace Walk - We enjoyed a School Family Celebration during our Annual Peace Walk. All students participated with class banners and individual signs. 2nd graders shared a music spotlight with us.
- Reading Growth - Our Developmental Reading data is showing great gains from the beginning of the year to now. Our goal is more than a year’s growth for all students in less than a year.
- Proud to be a school that has 4 Corps programs: Reading, Senior, Food and AmeriCorps!
- Culture of Health & Wellness - Our school culture of wellness continues with our Food Corps lessons, School wide taste tests, Big Green garden and a Wellness Team.
- 25 students with perfect attendance for 1st semester
- Participate with “Blessings in a Backpack”.
- Parent Engagement - 94 % of parents attended Fall conferences.
- Clubs & Activities After School - our after-school programs are all filled to capacity!
- Eagle Engineering
- Cartoon Club
- Flag Football
- Health Club
- Cooking Matters
Ferndale Middle School
Ferndale High School
- AP District Honor Roll - CollegeBoard.com - 2015-16
For the first time in a long time Ferndale HS Art Department has competed (independently of CASA) Scholastic Arts Awards Competition and won a Silver Key (second place). Student Hitomi Shibasaki won a Silver Key for a mixed media sculpture. Out of 6300 submissions, her’s was one of the 1109 selected!
Marching Band won 2nd place in MCBA Flight 4 State Championships
2 students were selected to perform in the Oakland University Honors Band: Grace Rost and Graham Bokram
6 students were selected to perform in the MSBOA District 4 Honors Band: Graham Bokram, Zelda Lambrix, Mira Santella, Maddie Krycian, Josh Barrett, and George van der Vennet
"Reading Excellence" certificates for the end of the semester. :) The following students have improved the most on the Reading Inventory (the Read 180 Lexile test):
- Brian Meadows (308 point growth!)
- Jimmie Parker (280 point growth)
- Kimahri Johnson (216 point growth)
- Johnnae Harris (184 point growth)
- Sierra Johnson (132 point growth)
- Ferndale High School DECA competed in Michigan DECA’s District level competition at Baker College on Wednesday December 19, 2018. All 18 DECA competitors from Ferndale High School deserve recognition for their outstanding efforts and excellent representation of Ferndale Public Schools. Students have the opportunity to receive up to 3 medals for their efforts at the district level competition. One for their test score on the exam. The second for their role play competitive score, and a third is a state medal for best overall score in their event which qualifies them a spot at the DECA state competition in March 2019. The following students deserve to be individually recognized for medaling in their events. Congratulation to all of the FHS DECA competitors, our very own emerging business leaders.
- Berryman, Carolyn - exam
- Butters, Bebe - exam, role play, state finalist
- Dutra, Max - exam, role play, state finalist
- Hopkins, Alondra - exam, role play, state finalist
- Jenkins, Nia - role play, state finalist
- Krycian, Madelyn - exam, role play, state finalist
- Lemelin, John- exam
- Maddox, Taliya - exam, role play, state finalist
- Newman, Kyra - exam, role play, state finalist
- Nicholas, Branden - exam, state finalist
- Nwachukwu, Miracle - exam, state finalist
- Robertson, Sadorian - exam, role play, state finalist
- Scott, Kaiya - role play, state finalist
- Weaver, Kia - role play, exam, state finalist
- Jessica Decker-Ferndale High School Sophomore, Jessica Decker, was selected for the MSVMA Region C Honors Choir! Jessica will now get the chance to participate in the state honors women’s ensemble.
- Ferndale High School Dance Team-The team competed in a dance competition at Hazel Park High School. Below are the final results:
- 1st Place-Jazz
- 1st Place-Lyrical
- 1st Place-Hip Hop
- 2nd Place-Pom
- Best Captain-Nia Jenkins
- Best Choreography- Tierra Williams
- High Point Award-Highest scores rendered in their division for the day "Sassy Sister" Award
- 1st Place Solo-Jackie James
- Best Technique-Jackie James
- FHS NHS inducted 28 new members, bringing the total 2018-19 membership to 111 members.