Ferndale Schools partners with community organizations to promote lifelong learning and whole child development. To engage our students and families in learning and playing outside of the classroom, we utilize Peachjar as our Community Corkboard.
Peachjar supports this effort in a number of ways:
- Supporting our Sustainability initiative by reducing wasteful paper distribution
- Maintaining quick and easy access to parents and community members
- Saves district staffing costs by enabling organizations to submit flyers directly for quick approval
How Flyers Are Shared
Flyers are distributed in two ways.
Each school has a link to their own community corkboard. Look for this icon:
Flyers are posted to the corkboard and are set to expire by the posting offical or organization.
Peachjar also emails out a daily digest of posted flyers to all parents in the selected school, like notes in a virtual backpack.
To request flyer approval, visit www.peachjar.com to register as a program provider and submit your flyer. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
All flyers will be reviewed and approved by the communications department before being digitally posted or distributed.
- Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- Should not imply Ferndale Schools' endorsement of any identified product and/or services.
- Should not be lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Should not incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Should not promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during scheduled events.
- Discriminate against, attack, or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, or other unlawful consideration.
- Should not promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children.
Quick Start Guide
Logging in to your account
- Go to Peachjar.com
- click login in the upper right corner
- Your username is your email
- If you forgot your password, click the ‘Forgot Password’ link.
Uploading a flyer
- Have a PDF version of your flyer ready
- 1-4 pages in length
- less than 50 MB
- For the best visual display, we recommend portrait orientation and 8.5 x 11in dimension.
- Log into your account and navigate to the ‘Send and Post a Flyer’ section to the left.
- Follow the prompts to upload, review and title and call-to-action buttons for your flyer.
- You will see your school is pre-selected for distribution.
- Once your information is complete, click submit.
- Note: If you’d like your flyer distributed to additional schools in your district, email your flyer to your district office or to other school admins.
Need a flyer template?
You can find dozens of colorful flyer templates by clicking the flyer template link in the upper right hand corner of the Distribution section in your account.
Need to edit or remove your flyer?
Once the email with your flyer is distributed to parents, they will continue to have that version in their inbox. In this case, you may want to remove the flyer and distribute a new one. We recommend noting the change in the title, for example “UPDATED: Title”. To remove the flyer, go to the reporting section of your account, click the down arrow next to ‘View flyer’ on the flyer you wish to remove and select ‘remove flyer.’ Tip to keep in mind: You can only remove a flyer that you have uploaded. District admins can remove flyers for any/all schools in the district.
Confirm your flyer is in PDF format and 50MB or less in size. There are tools to compress flyers if needed, such as Adobe Acrobat or Small PDF.
If you’re still having trouble, try using an alternate browser (we recommend Chrome) or clearing cookies/cache (chrome://settings/clearBrowserData).
Need to add parent emails?
Parents that are in your student information system are automatically registered to begin receiving flyers with the next automated upload to Peachjar. If a parent would like to receive flyers but is not in your SIS, they can do so by registering at peachjar.com.
Feel free to call Peachjar at 858-997-2118 or email us at email@example.com for any additional questions! We’re happy to help!
Free Flyer Distribution
If your event or program is free with no enticement or encouragement for future fees, Peachjar will evaluate if you qualify for the Community Free program. This typically applies to events such as library reading programs or free resources for low-income families. Programs that accept insurance, or informational events that highlight programs that require participation fees do not qualify for free posting. If there are current or future costs associated with the event, then the Peachjar fees will apply. This is true regardless of 501c3 designation.
You must first register as a Program Provider at Peachjar.com.
Then, fill out this form while you are logged in: Peachjar Community Free Program. Upon approval, this link will be available in your Peachjar login page.
Peachjar will review your application and notify you when it’s complete.
NOTE: Approval can take up to 5 business days, so please submit your event flyers in advance.
Peachjar offers School Staff Training Webinars every Wednesday morning at 11:00 am Eastern time.
- System Overview
- What Parents See
- How to Send a Flyer
- Account Management
- Best Practices
Join by going to this link: Peachjar Training Webinar
If you have additional questions or needs you can contact Peachjar Onboarding Specialist Rick Jolicoeur directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.