Ferndale Family University
Our Ferndale Family University program offers parent-led learning sessions on topics of interest to our community.
Upcoming University Presentations
- Wed. 01/27 – Family University #5: Mental Health Supports & Safety
- with FHS class of '99 graduate Wesley Morgan
- Wed. 02/24 – Family University #6: Financial Planning and Supports
- with FHS class of '99 graduate Quinn Wright
Personal Internet Security Tips
Recorded September 30, 2020
Internet Security professional Sean McKeever presents some of the pitfalls and problems with internet security and actionable solutions to help you protect your network and your personal information while online.
Recorded October 28th
Presented by Kelly C. Berryman, RN, this presentation includes scientific findings about the novel COVID-19 coronavirus, including how it's spread, how to reduce spread, and how it works within our body upon infection. Kelly is an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) nurse who is currently working with our school nurses to directly engage with the community response and help protect our families and staff.
Please note: this presentation was Recorded on October 28th, 2020. For the most up-to-date situational information, please refer to the United States Center for Disease Control.
Restorative Practices: A Relationship-Based Approach
Recorded November 18th
This introduction to our relationship-based approach to behavioral intervention is presented by UHS Principal, School Counselor, and FHS Alumnus David Gardner. David has been teaching at Ferndale Schools since 2006.
Eat Healthy, Be Active
Recorded December 16th, 2020
This workshop will explore strategies that adults can employ to learn healthy eating behaviors to ward off the negative effects of a diet consisting of mostly processed foods. We will learn:
- How to cook tasty meals without salt
- The difference between good fats and bad fats
- Why we should "eat a rainbow" (every color has a vitamin)
- Benefits of each of the five food groups
- How to budget your food dollars
- Superfoods that boost your immune system
- Label Reading