Ferndale Schools partners with community organizations to promote lifelong learning and whole child development. To engage our students and families in learning and playing outside of the classroom, we utilize Peachjar as our Community Corkboard.
Peachjar supports this effort in a number of ways:
- Supporting our Sustainability initiative by reducing wasteful paper distribution
- Maintaining quick and easy access to parents and community members
- Saves district staffing costs by enabling organizations to submit flyers directly for quick approval
How Flyers Are Shared
Flyers are distributed in two ways.
Each school has a link to their own community corkboard. Look for this icon:
Flyers are posted to the corkboard and are set to expire by the posting offical or organization.
Peachjar also emails out a daily digest of posted flyers to all parents in the selected school, like notes in a virtual backpack.
To request flyer approval, visit www.peachjar.com to register as a program provider and submit your flyer. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
All flyers will be reviewed and approved by the communications department before being digitally posted or distributed.
- Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- Should not imply Ferndale Schools' endorsement of any identified product and/or services.
- Should not be lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Should not incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Should not promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during scheduled events.
- Discriminate against, attack, or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, or other unlawful consideration.
- Should not promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children.
Free Flyer Distribution
If your event or program is free with no enticement or encouragement for future fees, Peachjar will evaluate if you qualify for the Community Free program. This typically applies to events such as library reading programs or free resources for low-income families. Programs that accept insurance, or informational events that highlight programs that require participation fees do not qualify for free posting. If there are current or future costs associated with the event, then the Peachjar fees will apply. This is true regardless of 501c3 designation.
You must first register as a Program Provider at Peachjar.com.
Then, fill out this form while you are logged in: Peachjar Community Free Program. Upon approval, this link will be available in your Peachjar login page.
Peachjar will review your application and notify you when it’s complete.
NOTE: Approval can take up to 5 business days, so please submit your event flyers in advance.