NWEA Testing is Required by the Michigan Department of Education for students in grades K - 8. The purpose of the test is to identify skills that the student has mastered and those that students need to improve upon.
Teachers will be sending out additional information and testing schedules.
Please review the content below regarding testing.
- NWEA Testing 2020 Presentation - Google Slides
- NWEA Testing 2020 Presentation - PDF Document
- Remote Testing Guidance Page - PDF Document
During the spring semester of the previous school year, all state-mandated standardized testing was cancelled due to the global pandemic. The Michigan Department of Education (MDE), however, has given schools the option to reschedule these dates. Please know that these standardized assessments are no longer state-mandated and completely optional to students.
The SAT can be used as a college entrance exam, the PSAT/NMSQT is a qualifying test for National Merit Scholar Status (and possible qualifying scholarships for 11th graders only) and the PSAT 8/9 provides students with experience taking the College Board assessments.
The Fall tests are not required for students. The same tests are currently scheduled for Spring 2021.
Below is FHS re-scheduled dates:
FHS Test Dates
- 9th Grade PSAT 8/9 – October 23, 2020
- 10th Grade PSAT/NMSQT – October 29, 2020
- 11th Grade PSAT/NMSQT – October 29, 2020
- 12th Grade SAT – October 14, 2020
In order to plan for staffing along with a safe environment for testing, families that are interested in participating in Fall testing will complete the FHS PSAT/SAT Sign Up Form. If a student is not planning to participate in this optional test, the form does not need to be completed.
UHS Test Dates
- 9th & 10th Grade PSAT – Wednesday, October 28, 2020 at 8:30 am
- 11th Grade PSAT/NMSQT – Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 8:30 am
- 12 Grade SAT – Monday, October 14, 2020 at 8:00 am
Please note that there are no Learning Support Labs on those dates.
Virtual SAT Camp for seniors is
- Friday, September 18, 2020 – 10:00 am–noon
- Friday, October 2, 2020 – 10:00 am–noon
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. If students would like a practice packet, they can be picked up by visiting the office.