Ferndale Middle School is incredibly unique.
FMS offers the small community feel and personalized attention that Ferndale Schools is famous for, with unprecedented opportunities that come with being located on the Ferndale High School campus. Students can earn high school credit while in middle school for Spanish 1, Algebra, and Honors Geometry, participate in high school programs like our state-champion Marching Band and Color Guard, take Drama courses and act in the fall play or spring musical, join the State Champion IMPI Warriors Robotics team, and more!
Ferndale Middle School offers more elective classes than any other middle school in Southeast Michigan. These electives allow students to customize their education to what interests them.
The Cambridge approach aims to develop learners who are:
- confident in working with information and ideas – their own and those of others
- responsible for themselves, responsive to and respectful of others
- reflective as learners, developing their ability to learn
- innovative and equipped for new and future challenges
- engaged intellectually and socially, and ready to make a difference in the world.
PLTW provides engineering and biomedical science curriculum for middle school students that challenges and inspires. Students get rigorous and relevant experiences through activity-, project-, and problem-based learning. They use industry-leading technology to solve problems while gaining skills in communication, collaboration, critical-thinking, and creativity.