FHS Student Resources
2018 Resource Guide - Oakland Schools — This comprehensive resource guide contains a directory of support programs and agencies available to all ages and all needs.
All Ferndale School students have google accounts. Using a Single Sign-On process, students can access most learning resources by clicking Sign On Using Google buttons where available and entering student account info.
Students' Google/Network Login Information can be found on the MISTAR Student Profile page (you must search for student first) under the Network Login section. This is where you can locate students' email addresses and associated password.
Parents also have access to view this information on the MISTAR Parent Portal, under Network Login.
Tri-County Education Center
Learn more about Alternative Education options at Ferndale Schools.
College & Career Resources
- Career Cruising - Career Cruising is a self-exploration and planning program that helps people of all ages achieve their potential in school, career and life.
- Big Future.org - Big Future by the College Board gives students free, comprehensive college planning resources. Students can make college plans, compare schools, access scholarships, and much more.
- Chegg - Search free scholarships, browse course reviews, get 24/7 study help and rent textbooks for a fraction of the cost of your bookstore - all in one big education-redefining student hub.
- College Score Card - The College Scorecard is an online tool, created by the United States government, for consumers to compare the cost and value of higher education institutions in the United States. It displays data in five areas:
- graduation rate
- employment rate
- average amount borrowed
- loan default rate
- MI Talent.org - An online marketplace connecting Michigan's job seekers and employers serves as a central hub linking all public and private stakeholders.
- Oak Park Career Center - The Oak Park Michigan Works office offers career and employment resources.
- Apprenticeships - Get assistance in making knowledgeable decisions concerning your professional future and career with USDOL approved registered apprenticeship programs in Michigan.
- College Board - A mission-driven organization representing over 6000 of the world's leading colleges, schools, and other educational organizations. The site features scholarship and SAT planning resources, as well as scorecards for colleges around the world.
Graduating Seniors should start filling out your financial aid on January 1st. Please do not wait. There are certain state aid deadlines of March 1st, but the sooner you complete your FAFSA, the better. See your counselor if you have questions about this.