Meet Your Counselors
"This is my sixth school year with Ferndale Public Schools! I have three sons and a fur-son named Teddy. I enjoy scary movies, playing video games with my kids and sleeping. My favorite holidays are Halloween and Christmas!"
248-586-8902 (for advisors: Frank, Lown, Mroczkowski, Roy, Wilbert)
"I have been with Ferndale for 16 years. I enjoy cooking, spending time with my family and traveling. I am married with two children and a dog. My favorite Marvel character is The Hulk!"
248-586-8899 (for advisors: Bauer, Danek, Grand, Kinnunen, C. Lovins, J. Lovins)
Our mission is to provide all students with an emotionally safe and supportive environment and to assist you with your educational and personal goals!
Upcoming Events at TCEC
January 20 - School Closed in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
January 22- Pupil Student 2nd Semester Orientation
January 23- Adult Student 2nd Semester Orientation
January 27- 2nd Semester Classes Begin
February 12- Count Day
February 19-25- Mid-Winter Break/School Closed
February 26-School Resumes
Links & Resources
2018 Resource Guide - Oakland Schools — This comprehensive resource guide contains a directory of support programs and agencies available to all ages and all needs.
- Career Cruising - Career Cruising is a self-exploration and planning program that helps people of all ages achieve their potential in school, career and life.
- Big Future.org - BigFuture by the College Board gives students free, comprehensive college planning resources. Students can make college plans, compare schools, access scholarships, and much more.
- Chegg - Search free scholarships, browse course reviews, get 24/7 study help and rent textbooks for a fraction of the cost of your bookstore - all in one big education-redefining student hub.
- College Score Card - The College Scorecard is an online tool, created by the United States government, for consumers to compare the cost and value of higher education institutions in the United States. It displays data in five areas:
- graduation rate
- employment rate
- average amount borrowed
- loan default rate
- Michigan's Hot 50 Through 2026 - This publication highlights Michigan’s high-demand, high-wage careers that show a favorable mix of long-term job growth, projected annual job openings, and median wages through 2026.
- MI Talent.org - An online marketplace connecting Michigan's job seekers and employers serves as a central hub linking all public and private stakeholders.
- Oak Park Career Center - The Oak Park Michigan Works office offers career and employment resources.
- Apprenticeships - Get assistance in making knowledgeable decisions concerning your professional future and career with USDOL approved registered apprenticeship programs in Michigan.
- College Board - A mission-driven organization representing over 6000 of the world's leading colleges, schools, and other educational organizations. The site features scholarship and SAT planning resources, as well as scorecards for colleges around the world.
Scholarship Search Tools